For Ages 6 to 14
OUR GOAL AT THIS STAGE: Learn to Score the Ball
HOW DO WE SETUP THE LEAGUE: By having juniors play appropriate length tees, juniors learn to shoot lower scores by being really good at shots inside 50 yards and on the green – the SCORING SHOTS in golf.
WHAT DO THE JUNIORS TELL US: This is awesome – I get to make birdies. I get to shoot under par! The course is shorter so I do not have to take 5 shots just to get on the green.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Most Juniors in the Junior League also participate in the Learn to Golf Program – Learn to Golf allows juniors to develop the skills of the game that they need to improve on a weekly basis.
Junior League Participants Recieve:
- A fun and safe environment while on course
- Support from PGA Professionals and PGA Community Coaches
- On Course play that is focused on self-development rather than competition
- Break 36: Juniors will play from a level appropriate tee block for 9 holes – if they score less than 36 strokes, they move back to the next tee block.
- Starting Distances – based on the juniors level in our development systems – typically a junior in WHITE starts at 25 yards from the green, ORANGE starts at 50 or 100 yards from the hole, BLUE starts 150 or 200 yards from the green.
- On Course Play – The on course play is on Sundays afternoons. Start times are based on the number of golfers in each division. The sessions last 2.5 to 3 hours and we plan to begin between 2:30 and 4:30 PM based on course availability.
- Our curriculum is based on Golf Canada’s Learn to Play Player Development and the Titleist Performance Institute junior curriculum
Player Level and Equipment:
- Advanced skills not required, just an interest in driving, chipping or putting
- All participants will require his/her own set of clubs.
- All participants will have the opportunity to be fitted for US Kids Clubs. (*Please do not purchase equipment before consulting with us*)
Spring Season –
Sunday May 10th, Sunday May 31st and Sunday June 28th
Summer Season –
Sunday July 5th, Sunday July 12th, Sunday August 16th
Fall Season –
Sunday August 10th, Sunday September 6th, Sunday September 20th